Connie Ferguson had the whole of Mzansi in their feels and definitely all teary with her acceptance speech the at the Dstv Mzansi Viewer’s Choice Awards.
Hosted by the talented Lawrence Maleka who did a fantastic job, the booked and busy star always rises to the occasion, giving the people what they want. Kudos to the king of entertainment.
The seasoned actress and producer scooped the Favourite Personality Award and dedicated the accolade to her late husband, Shona Ferguson.
Connie and Shona Ferguson inspired many in the entertainment industry. From humble beginnings to owning one of the biggest and busy production companies in South Africa, Ferguson films.
Karabo, as she is affectionately known from her Generations days, looked like a dream at the awards ceremony – rocking a maxi gown and slayed hair. She said the gong was for Sho because he believed in her more than she believed in herself.
“I would like to dedicate this award to my best friend. Someone who meant the world to me and continues to mean the world to me. Someone who believed in me more than I believed in myself. Someone who thought I was the best thing since sliced bread. Sho, I love you hubby, forever. May you continue resting in peace my love”, she said.
It’s so awe-inspiring to witness Connie Ferguson paying homage to the fallen legend. We stan our Queen.
Here’s a list of all the winners:
1. Song of the Year: Makhadzi ft. Prince Benza – Ghanama
2. Favourite Actress: Sannah Mcunu
3. Favourite Actor: Abdul Khoza
4. Favourite Radio Personality: Selbeyonce Mkhize
5. Favourite DJ: Shimza
6. Favourite Comedian: Skhumba Hlophe
7. Favourite Rising Star: Kwenzo Ngcobo
8. Favourite Sports Personality: Rassie Erasmus
9. Favourite TV Presenter: Lawrence Maleka
10. Favourite Personality: Connie Ferguson
11. Favourite Music Artist or Group: Makhadzi
12. Ultimate Viewers’ Choice: Lawrence Maleka
Congratulations on the win. #Sho is smiling down with such pride and joy.
By Sinenzolo Mondi – Nduku